Background

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cheers! Please join the vaccine injury awareness party!

Welcome to our party! I'm Nicole, I'm 25 years old and married to my best friend, Daniel. We have 2 beautiful kids, Elijah and Jazlyn, and a wonderful Pit Bull named Trinity. I'm very excited to start this blog project with my amazing friend, Dana. We have been trying to come up with some ideas for several months on just how we can share our stories and mission and connect with other parents. We have huge plans for this blog. We're hoping to share our personal stories of vaccine injury as well as others'. We also want to share photos, information/statistics, knowledge, recipes and treatment options for various types of vaccine injuries.

How did this all come about? I will try to give the short story. I met Dana through a mutual photographer friend of ours in 2011. Her son, Keanu, had long since been diagnosed with autism. My son, Elijah was 3 years old and already in early intervention with our local school district. From the time I was pregnant, I had a "bad feeling" about vaccinating but was too young and lazy to do the research. I just wanted to trust the doctors. Don't we all? So by the age of 3, we had already witnessed his major regressive traits, which I will go further into in an upcoming post. He was completely non-verbal at this point and the thought of autism was in the air. I casually mentioned this to Dana and she bombarded me with information. She taught me what a vaccine injury was. All this time, I thought my reservations about them were unfounded and ignorant. Oh, how wrong I was. Lesson #1, mother instinct IS usually right.

Dana saved us. She never made me feel like a failure or forced herself on me. But she opened my mind and it led me to not only read what she had to share, but also do my own in depth research. I was appalled by what I learned. We are not alone. I stopped going to the pediatrician completely, for Elijah and for my younger daughter, Jazlyn. My sweet, intelligent girl had been showing signs early on of advanced development. And then she also slowly started to regress. But I stopped her vaccine schedule by the time she was 12 months old and spared her too much damage. Her speech is now a bit behind at the age of 2.5 but I can still see the light in her eye and I know she is still with us. Elijah was too far gone to be saved completely but Dana saved us from damaging him any further. She convinced me to get him evaluated for autism and look into an autism friendly diet. We also now see a naturopath doctor who is 100% on our side and has our best interest at heart. I cannot thank Dana enough for everything she has done for us. Elijah received his diagnosis of PDD-NOS in January of 2012. He is now in his second year of preschool and has gone from being completely non-verbal to speaking in partial sentences. His other symptoms are still there and will probably never go away but we will never give up. I know he has a bright future, all thanks to Dana.

This new found knowledge sparked a fire in me. As I did the research and read the stories from other parents and compared my own story to theirs, I truly went through the 5 stages of grief. I felt every emotion in the book as I recounted our pediatric experience to that point. Anger was the greatest emotion. I've never been so angry in my life. How could this happen? Why are our childrens' generation so much sicker than ours? How can I sit here and be passive about these people taking my son away from me? I couldn't and I wont. I will fight. Not just for my son but for your children and your future children and your future grandchildren. This general poisoning of our population will not stop unless we stand up against it.

And so here we are. We will share our stories and yours. We will share our steps towards healing, acceptance of things we cannot change and the things we can. We will share our day to day struggles and our triumphs. We are not English majors or skilled writers but we have a passion for truth and love. We also like to have champagne or wine in the evenings after our long days battling the autism demons. Please join us over a glass and spread the word. We want to start a movement of awareness. Vaccine injuries ARE real and we are the voices for our children. Let's take on the world!

  Elijah Age 4

Dana and Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment